Monday, July 28, 2008

No flying this past weekend - or next

Steve and I were supposed to fly to Walterboro to pick up my son (he's been with grandparents in Jacksonville, Florida for the week). Unfortunately, summer here can out wit the forecasters. The forecast was for VFR, scattered at 5,500. In reality, it stayed MVFR at best for most of the route, most of the day. So, my wife and I jumped in the car and met the grandparents a bit north of Walterboro.

I had hoped for possibly a night flight last night, but that idea went out with my back which went into spasm when I reached down into the dishwasher. I'm home today since I can barely walk.

Next weekend my son and I are flying commercial to Texas to drop him off for 2 weeks with his other grandparents. So, it looks like Aggie will be grounded for a couple of weeks unless my back releases and I get a night flight in this week.